The Decoded Fashion London Summit offers intimate Roundtable sessions, which deep-dive into the hottest topics, encourage interactive discussions and collaborative conversations in a relaxed environment. These are open to retailers and fashion brands only.
Participants will find sessions open, inspiring, and productive. With limited spaces available for each, make sure to register as soon as possible.
Day 1 | Tuesday 17th May 2016 | 11.35am
TARGET ON MOBILE, CONVERT EVERYWHERE: THE NEW RETAIL PATH TO PURCHASE
- Consumer expectations have taken off. How do we keep pace in a mobile world?
- It’s happened: all consumers are now multi-channel. What strategies are the best marketers using to reach them?
- Mobile is a new creative canvas. What opportunities and challenges does it present for fashion?
- How can new digital platforms improve relevancy & personalization?
Led by: Aoife Desmond, Senior Manager, eCommerce, Twitter
ADDING VALUE GENERATING IN-STORE SOLUTIONS: CONSUMER-CENTRIC VS. TECHNOLOGY-DRIVEN?
- Which technologies can we use to analyse consumer behaviour and what are the key metrics that we need to identify?
- Which digital services create real value for the consumer? How do they translate into revenue gains?
- How can we integrate a sustainable, data-driven approach? What challenges have been faced? How can this change be managed?
Led by: Alexander Köth, Managing Director & Founder, Minodes
DRIVING TECH INNOVATION: WHAT CAN FASHION LEARN FROM BEAUTY?
- Content – how is content created by the beauty sector different to fashion? How can technology be better used in fashion? What lends itself to beauty and what can be transferrable to fashion?
- Profitability – where does this come from within the two sectors (basics, classics, trends) and managing the customer experience. How can you curtail the returning of fashion goods?
- Beauty is dominated by only a few companies – you need to be disruptive and loud online to make an impact. What works?
Led by: Millie Kendall MBE, Co-Founder, BeautyMART
BEYOND DIGITAL: IS THE NEXT ENGAGEMENT LEVEL PHYSICAL?
- Mixing digital and physical – when is it relevant?
- Organising events for your online clients only: is there any point?
- Meeting your Facebook followers – can it be done?
- Do people who buy online only want to buy online, or do they want to be involved in-store sometimes?
Led by: LVMH
BEYOND TECH: BUILDING PHYSICAL COMMUNITIES AROUND YOUR BRAND
- How are past brand awareness activities that may seem old school still effective – clienteling, private shopping appointments, drinks in shop?
- How have they evolved to be more future focused – speaker events, workouts in shop, collaborations with other brands
- How do you apply brand awareness activities to your target market in shop?
- Thoughts on this statement by Jamie Gufruend at Intelligence Group: “Consumers don’t buy products, they buy experiences.” How does this apply both on and offline?
- Who do you think is balancing online and offline the right way? Warby Parker, Everlane, Lululemon, Burberry…
Led by: Christina Albe, Brand & Other Stuff, Kit and Ace
INTERNET OF THINGS &; FASHION: DRIVING HUMAN ENGAGEMENT THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
- What is IoT for fashion?
- If your clothes could talk- what would you want them to say?
- And if your clothes could talk, who or what would listen?
- If we think of the retail space, what could IoT do to enhance this experience?
- Problems with tech integrating with fashion garments/ fashion manufacturing/ fashion consumers?
- Sustainable approach- how can tech help us be better consumers and more informed about landscape of fashion?
- Brand challenges to adopting IoT?
- Ideal garment type/ market to be enhanced with tech?
Led by: Lynne Murray, Director Digital Anthropology Lab, London College of Fashion, UAL
*Please note, the roundtable sessions are open to RETAILERS AND FASHION BRANDS ONLY.